A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using the Services you agree to such processing.
Information We Collect. "Personal Information" means information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing Information. "Anonymous Information" means Information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Information, as described below through the Services.
Information You Provide to Us.
- Registration. When you register to become an Authorized User and open an account (an "Account") we collect your name, email address and a password.
- SNS Login. If you prefer, you may logon as an Authorized User by using social networking sites (e.g., Facebook, Google or LinkedIN) (each an "SNS"), in which case we will receive from the SNS only the information that you authorize us to receive from the SNS.
- Profiles. The information collected during registration is used to initiate a personal profile. You may be able to add to your personal profile by providing additional information. As described in more detail below, we may add to your profile based on your interactions with the Services.
- Feedback. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- Tips. Shout! is a news organization. We encourage Users to provide us tips about news and stories. You may do so at team(at)shout.news. When you submit a tip to team(at)shout.news, you do so anonymously as we do not associate the tip information with any Personal Information. Any tips you provide are used by our editorial team on background and we verify the information in accordance with our editorial policies before publishing any such information. To be clear, we are not under any obligation to use any tips that are received at team(at)shout.news.
- Other Information. We may also collect Personal Information in other ways within the Services, where we state that Personal Information is being collected. For example, as part of a survey, competition, sweepstakes or contest.
Information Collected via Technology.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating systems, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users' movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base, and better tailor our Services to our users' needs.
- Pixel Tags. We use "Pixel Tags" (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
- Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit "do not track" signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
- Collection of Information in Connection with Advertising.
Use of Your Personal Information
General Use. In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- When you create an Account, you may receive an e-mail from us to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created
- We may use your e-mail address information to provide you with administrative email notifications, such as Services updates
- Provide the Services you request
- Provide improved administration of our Site and Services
- Respond to your inquires and other requests
- For fraud protection and/or to verify your identity; and
- Customize the content and advertisements you see based upon your interests and Profile
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and other promotional materials related to our Services and for the benefit of our advertising and marketing partners.
Creation of Anonymous Information. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that make the Information personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use and share Anonymous Information for any purpose.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: (i) provide you with the Services; (ii) facilitate creation of Accounts; (iii) provide technical support; and/or (iv) provide other services to us.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information Newsletters and email. We will periodically send you newsletters and e-mails that promote the use of our Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive, by terminating your Account or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). You may also limit the communications you receive from us through your account settings feature within the Services. Even if you opt of receiving marketing related messages, we will continue to send messages regarding the administration of the Services.
- Correcting, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Information. You can correct, update or delete some of your Personal Information by re-registering and/or editing your profile via the Services. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor requests to delete personal information. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.